We want you to keep safe and have fun by following the safety rules.
Code of Practice in guidance with National Farm Attractions Network
- All animals naturally carry some micro-organisms which can be transmitted to humans and could cause ill health. Whilst the hazards are real the risk of infection is low and can be easily controlled by following these simple rules which will make your visit safe, healthy and enjoyable.
- Please ensure that you and your children have washed your hands thoroughly after touching or feeding the animals or being in an animal contact area, especially before consuming any food or drink and before leaving the park.
- Cleansing wipes or anti-bacterial gel are not a substitute for proper hand washing. Always make sure that you wash your hands with soap and water. (Washing facilities can be found in the main entrance building, animal barn and play barn.)
- You must ensure that children are supervised by a responsible adult whilst washing their hands.
- Do not suck fingers or put hands, pens etc. in mouths.
- Never give dummies that have fallen on the floor.
- Do not kiss the animals.
- Do not consume food or drink in any animal contact areas including the tractor ride. Please use the designated eating areas.
- Never eat food that has fallen to the ground.
- Always wash your hands after touching your footwear. Where practical and possible, clean or change their footwear before leaving.
- Expectant mothers should refrain from handling goats, sheep and lambs or touching the fencing around them, particularly during the lambing season.
- When feeding the animals please ensure that you and your children feed with their hands flat. Animals cannot tell the difference between fingers and food.
- Please drop the pigs feed over the fence as they have very sharp teeth.
- Always approach and handle animals quietly and gently and do not frighten or torment them.
- Do not climb on walls, fences, gates or animal pens or enter any animal enclosure unless invited to do so by a member of staff.
- Do not enter prohibited areas
General Play Barn Safety
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times – your children are your responsibility at all times.
- Please take turns on the equipment during busy times so everyone is able to have fun
- No pushing please and think about children smaller than yourself
- No food, drink or chewing gum to be consumed whilst on the play equipment
- Shoes must be removed before going on the slide, bouncy castle or soft play – for hygiene reasons please wear socks.
- Buckles, jewellery, watches, money, sharp objects etc must be removed before playing
- Always wash your hands after touching your shoes
- No go-karts to be ridden in the play barn
- Only one person on the trampoline at a time
- Always walk up the green carpet and never the white
- Always check that no one is standing in your way before you slide
- Always sit down in the rings, never stand or lay down
Bouncy Castle Rules
- No climbing on the castle walls